Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

National Sewing Month

The observance of National Sewing Month began in 1982 with a proclamation from President Ronald Reagan declaring September as National Sewing Month “In recognition of the importance of home sewing to our Nation.”
I read the following in the Joann's flyer this morning...
"In the past, our mothers and grandmothers would sew out of necessity. Today, sewing has become more of a hobby and a way to express personal style." 

I decided to try adding a sewing feature to my card. I plan on practicing a few more times during this month. Once my daughter helped me set up her machine it wasn't very difficult. Of course, the lines are not exactly straight but it adds character.


I used the Heritage cartridge ( I really like the images on this cartridge) for the sewing machine which was cut at 2 inches. The sentiment was cut from the same cart at 1/2 inch.


 I think I saw another sewing machine image on the Country Life cartridge. If I can borrow a friend's, I would like to try and make another one. I know I can improve with more practice...lots more practice that is!

I am hoping you have been inspired to create something for National Sewing Month too.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana  : )

If you would like to make a card or another project and share with others, please use the linking feature below.

6 comments:

  1. Looks good! Creative idea with the thread and such! Whats it for though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kac0825 (that is my son)~ it is for that person who loves sewing as much as I love creating cards. If you know someone let me know and we can send it to them...maybe Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I have tried sewing before and it gives it that extra something. I never took a pic of the project but I will try to make another one. I already have a cute puny that could go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so cute...I love the sewing machine. I also love the other creations that you make..oh and thanks for commenting on my blog. We will be going to disney in flordia....I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice...this is a great image. I've been too chicken to try sewing on anything, but I recently saw one of those hand-held "sewing machines" and might give it a try. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!