Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Happy Easter

Happy Sunday and no April Fool's joke here!

It is quiet here at Carson's Creations since the kids are grown and gone (Kels will be home next weekend from college for her birthday). There are no hidden Easter eggs or baskets filled with goodies, but I do have a couple Easter cards I made for a co-worker.  She asked for two cards...one for her granddaughter and one for her grandson. She wanted both of them to be personalized (just like the Paw Patrol dalmatian from the other day). 

Here is today's Easter project...

First, I layered the background papers (pink gingham is by The Paper Studio ~  Ice Cream Parlor stack). Then I assembled the simple but cute bunny. Since this was for a little girl, I added a twine bow near the bunnies' ear.

















The bunny is by Lori Whitlock and it is part of a gift bag set. That is one reason why I like to use my Cameo more than my Cricut...I can manipulate the svg files to fit my needs. I popped the bunny up on foam squares to add dimension (and I didn't want the bunny to blend in with the background).

Here is the card personalized. I sure hope it goes in the baby's memory book after the holiday.

This is the second card. I am a bit bummed since I forgot to take a picture after personalizing it.

I used MFT dies for the stitched rectangles and scalloped oval, cut the chocolate bunny on my Cameo, added a blue Trendy Twine bow, and lastly stamped the Jaded Blossom sentiment on a fishtail sentiment strip.  

















Quote for the day...
Stay Creative,
Georgiana

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card!! I ,love, love that bunny and papers! It will not be quiet here today. There will be fourteen of us here for lunch followed by a Easter egg hunt for the three youngest grandchildren.
    Happy Easter to you and your family!
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both so beautiful!! I love the bunny on the first card!! Adorable!! Happy Easter to you and your family!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both so pretty G!! Love them and so will your co-worker!! And no matter how old I get... I still LOVE coloring Easter Eggs and I made sure to do that! My soon to be 15 yr. old was fine with coloring them as well - He just gets candy because he can! hahaha Of course I give some to my Mom & Hubby too - You're never too old for a chocolate bunny either! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!