Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Best Wishes with a Clover Shaker

Hello Crafty Friends,

What a quick and busy weekend. My hubby and I went looking for a new vehicle today since my daughter will be getting mine for her 16th birthday (in 24 days...she is counting down and sending reminders). I really liked the Acura RDX (do not need a big SUV since kids are older, but I do want a SUV). Any suggestions? What do you like if you own one?

Only one more week until Spring Break...Yippee! I love my class and teaching, but a little vacation never hurt! No plans to travel, but just the relaxation time and no papers to grade is ideal.

Here is my attempt at a shaker card. I like it, but want to try another (and another). I need to make it slightly thicker next time, so the confetti moves easier. It was easy and I have lots of ideas now. Tanya at Studio 5380 ALWAYS has amazing shakers! Can't wait till next week...so many ideas I am going to try and make!
Materials:
DCWV pattern paper ~ grey chevron
Me&My Big Ideas paper ~ green chevron
cream card stock
shamrock confetti ~ 50% off at Joanns
double sided tape
green and white (Peacock) twine
tag ~ Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge
Best Wishes stamp
black ink

Challenges:

If you have made a shaker card...what other ways have you tried besides using the negative? I am up for trying a variety.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana 

8 comments:

  1. This is so awesome!! You did a fabulous job for your first shaker!! The shamrocks are so creative!! Love this!! Can't wait to see more!! Have a wonderful evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgiana ~ I LOVE your shaker card! The purple background looks so good with the green ~ great combo! Well as for cars/SUVs I am no help because I am sure in the next year I will be looking! Good luck! YAY for your daughter! Yay for the Spring break too! Unfortunately our kids around here wont be getting any time off but 1 day! BOO! But hey at least you will get one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool shaker!! Can't wait to see you new vehicle! If I didn't have to drive do far I would be in a new jeep!
    We are already done with spring break, its back to school on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooooooooooo fun!!! I love love love the little shamrocks!!!! And in August we got a brand new Nissan Rogue and LOVE IT!!!! My hubby is out right now buying our 17 year old a used car :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Georgiana,
    Love your fabulous shaker card, you did a great job. I love the shamrock sequins!!

    My husband just bought me a new car in January. I got a 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS and I absolutely love it!! It has all the bells and whistles and cheaper than most cars in its class. It was also rated the #1 midsize SUV by Consumer Reports for 2014. My last car was a Hyuandai Santa Fe and it was a great car with a great warranty. Good Luck on the car search!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is darling I never would have guessed it was your first shaker card, you should have seen my first, really bad. Thanks for joining us at the Come And Get It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful Shaker card. You have done a great job for your first one. I remember when I did mine, didn't have it thick enough either and it wouldn't shake hardly at all. They get easier as you make more. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!