Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Thank You Students

Hello Everyone,

Happy Mother's Day to all! You deserve a special day to relax and be pampered. Hubby and I started our day off with a trip to Joann Craft Store (in another town about 45 mins away) to pick up some Yupo paper I thought I had ordered last night. When we got there they said they didn't have any...even though their inventory said they had 4 packs in stock. I was told the system is always 48 hours delayed. Hmmm? How does that help the company or customers? That is very frustrating! I was told by a manager they would look through a truck load that arrived on Thursday to see if they could find any. About 45 minutes later, they found one. Well, I bought it since my original on-line order was cancelled by them without notification (no e-mail was ever received), which will hold me over until I can get some on-line. The rest of the day has been smooth sailing...Olive Garden for lunch and then craft time!

  I started to make some thank you cards for my students for all the wonderful teacher appreciation gifts I received last week. I decided to use our classroom colors...yellow, green, and black. The goal was to keep them simple since many kids don't appreciate the handmade gesture and half may not even make it home to their parents. 

Tim Holtz alcohol ink colors: Lemonade, Sunshine Yellow, Citrus, and Limeade.

The stamped sentiment is by Bo Bunny and the sequins match the ink colors.

I did case this card by Michelle. She has beautiful cards using alcohol inks. Since I am still exploring different techniques, I was looking for some ideas and her blog popped up during my search. Be sure to check out her wonderful creations!
Only two more weeks left in this school year and about a month till my summer cruise. I'm so excited! Looking forward to some R & R.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana 

7 comments:

  1. That is frustrating what you went through with them! :( I love love love those cards!! GORGEOUS colors!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cards!!
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous cards!! I love the colors!! Have a great day,
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! That totally SUCKS!!! Of course I never order online and then pick it up at the store for that reason.... I worked for Joann's awhile back and saw that happening to customers and decided at that point to just order from their website directly and wait for the delivery to my house! Much less of a headache... But a longer wait time... So I try to make sure what I order isn't needed right away.... I feel bad for you traveling such a long way only to find 1 pk. of the Yupo paper... Geesh.... I'm glad you got one though... I think it would have been worse had you not gotten any... or at least for me it would have... But sounds like the rest of your day turned out pretty darn good! Your card looks amazing!!! I love the color combination you chose and I'm gonna go check out Michelle's site.... looks like a good place to learn more about the Alcohol inks!! Yay for 2 weeks left!!! We have 1 week left and I'm so ready for the Holiday break!! I'll be working this Summer at the School, but on an easier schedule... Or so I was told... I have plans for a few trips to see some family this year.... so hopefully I can have an enjoyable Summer! Have a great week my friend!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty cards!!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!