Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Having a Vintage Time at Whimsical Designs

Hello Crafty Friends,
Welcome back for another Whimsical Wednesday.
 
Today we have a new challenge and you need to start thinking old or antique.
 
This week's challenge...Vintage
 
Here is my Design Team project...
We went on a field trip the other day to Cross Creek, which is where the writer of The Yearling lived, and the guide was carrying an old pocket watch. A few of boys were quite fascinated with it. I even had a student get one over the weekend and bring it to school to share. What an impact!
 I made a pocket watch card as I was thinking of my boys! Lots of inking on the edges to make it look antique
 Double gold loop bow
Materials:
Colorbok paper ~ Victorian Parlour
brown and cream card stock
Old West Cricut cartridge ~ pocket watch (p. 68) cut at 2 1/2"
WD stamp ~ Everyday Sentiments
brown ink
gold ribbon
 
Have you heard about the Book of the Month project? If you love to read you will be quite interested. Be sure to stop by Whimsical Designs and check it out!
 
Hope you will join us this week at Whimsical Designs for the "Vintage" challenge. I am looking forward to seeing those old fashion projects.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and beautiful bow!! Love it!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful card!!!Love it!
    Thank you for playing at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love all the inking you did on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card- i especially love that paper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, Georgiana. I love the paper you used. I love pocket watches. I love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the background paper and the inking looks awesome:)
    Have a great day!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the vintage look to this! And the sentiment is perfect!!!! My boys are also fascinated by pocket watches and my oldest actually bought one, which he carries frequently, after seeing them at an old time theme park last summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! The background paper is perfect, and all the distressing gives it such a great vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My grandfather always carried a pocket watch. Funny how your card took my right back. Love it. Love the inking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally vintage!!! Cool card, Georgiana!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!