Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Party Time with Rex

Hello Crafty Friends!

I have a great card today and the reason I say it is great is because it is my first easel card. I have seen so many fantastic ones and it has been on my "to-do list" to try for a while. After my 13 year old daughter made one, I was determined to get one done too. Now that I have made my own, I plan on making more. It was super easy.

I combined it with Jenny's (from Crazy About Cricut) Disney Monday. Rex was actually in Toy Story, but Disney owns Pixar. I think this card would be perfect for a birthday invitation or a play date. Unfortunately, my kids are a little older so we will not be using it for that. I will save it for someone who has a little boy and enjoys dinosaurs.

 Helpful Tip:
I cut out the small pieces (white teeth, green spots, and white eyes)  twice, so I have more to choose from. Sometimes the small pieces do not cut smoothly and this way you can choose the best ones.
 I dabbed glue with my MS glue pen on the base paper and then used my Cricut hook to lay the small pieces. This hook is super easy to use because of its fine tip and easy to clean off excessive glue.
Materials:
Toy Story cartridge ~ Rex
kraft paper for base
Me and My Big Ideas paper ~ Bonnie Bell Snails paper stack (TJMaxx $3.00)
green, orange, and white card stock
orange and blue buttons

Enjoy,
Georgiana

13 comments:

  1. What a fun card! I love Disney/ Pixar. That was a great tip. It can be frustrating cutting out small pieces.

    Hugs,
    Saundra :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS SO FUN! It made me smile and I love it! Great job! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an AWESOME job on this! Rex looks perfect! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! Your Rex turned out great! You could also enter this into Whimsical Wednesdays "Funky Folds" challenge going on right now. :) Tfs and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Georgianna, what a fun easel card!!! The expression on Rex's face is too funny and priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your FIRST easel card!! :) Great job!

    hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so AWESOME, Georgiana! I can't believe it is your first easel - it is absolutely perfect! I love the fun dinosaur! And thanks for the tip about cutting out the small pieces twice - I'm definitely going to start doing that :D

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great fun card any child or adult lol would love.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute card. I have found that my favorite type of card is the easel. People comment on how difficult it looks although it is not hard at all.

    Now that vacation is almost over, I hope you have a great new year.

    Janice Strange

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!