Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Fabulous Friday's Guest Crafter

Good Morning Crafty Friends!
I have a very special guest crafter today that has created a wonderful layout to recognize our dedicated military. It is with great pleasure that I introduce Rhonda.

Autobiography:
http://craftingwithblue.blogspot.com/











Hello!
My name is Rhonda and I reside in the sunny land of Florida. I come from a family of 4 and I am the third child. I have been crafting for a better part of 10 years. I have done scrapbooks, cards, ATC, and altered items. You name it, I probably have dabbled in it. I just started to learn to crochet in March, my mom is teaching me. I'm still learning my ways with all this new stuff the craft world is coming up with. I have 3 degrees in the CJ - Criminal Justice field. I have 1 class to go to get my last degree in web design. When I'm not in school or crafting you can find me hanging with my best friend, fishing, or riding around. I love taking pictures in hopes I will one day get them scrapped.

Layout:
Here is a layout I made using photos of my friend who is a United States Soldier. I had so much fun making this. I used a double sided 12x12 paper from Piggy Tales. It is the Frog Prince Collection.

I then took the photos and cut them out and rounded the corners. After that I wanted to layer them, so I used a 12x12 piece of canvas texture in fudgesicle I received from a swap. I layered the photos on to the canvas paper and arranged them where I wanted them. Using the Glue Glider Pro (GGP) I mounted them down. After I finished with that I cut them out with the paper a little bit bigger than the photos, but not so big it took up the background paper. I then mounted the canvas paper onto the green paper with the GGP.

I used some NRN Designs Timeless Treasures Stickers in Army theme and decorated the page with them. Finally, I used Jolees by You patriotic glitter flag to place above the photo. The word SOLDIER was created by using NRN Designs Timeless Treasures Alphabet Stickers in camouflage.

Something simple, yet lovely.

Thank you Rhonda for that fantastic layout. I know my son wants to join the military after he graduates from high school next year. He is eager to be a part of the EOD program in the Navy.  I will now be ready to create pages for him when that time comes!

Please take a moment and drop by Rhonda's site, Come Craft with Blue, and share your thoughts about any military friends you may have.

I have another Fabulous Friday guest crafter scheduled for June 17th. I know you will be "happy" with her homemade project.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!