Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cricut 360 DT Call and a Button Threading Tip

With summer approaching I was hoping to submit a few cards for a couple of the Design Team calls. Here is one for the newly created site, Cricut 360. Here are the instructions to apply:

If you are interested in applying for the design team, please create a card or a layout with LIME GREEN and a BUG in it.

This was the first card I made, but I wasn't sure the green was lime enough so I decided to make another. The butterfly was cut from Serenade. The sentiment is a sticker.
I used the Serenade cartridge to cut the branch and flowers. The worm is a brad that I purchased at the Orlando Scrapbook Expo. "Hang in there" was cut from the Wild Card cartridge.

Ever wonder the best way to thread those buttons?
I have a tip.
 Use a dental flosser.
 


The dental flosser is just like those sewing threaders, but bigger. Yeah! It slides in and out of the hole and pulls your craft thread through with no problems. Go! Give it a try!

Hope to hear soon,
Georgiana

14 comments:

  1. great cards!
    thanks for the great tip! I was having a bugger of a time trying to thread bakers twine last night. I will remember this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the DT entry and awesome tip on threading buttons!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both cards!!! Hope you make the team. What an awesome idea on threading buttons. I sure need this tip!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful and thanks for the awesome tip....
    hugs,jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both cards. and love the tip with the floss...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card and tip... Thanks for your submission for the Cricut 360ยบ DT call. HUGS...SK :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an excellent tip!!! Love the cards--both are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Georgiana!! :) Sorry I haven't stopped by lately... busy, busy, busy!

    Good luck on the DT call, both cards are fantastic! Thanks for the treading tip, great idea! :)

    crafty hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. They both look great, the first one is my favorite - but I know what you mean when you feel uneasy about whether or not something meets the guidelines it's better to be safe. Great tip about threading :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards! Good luck with the DT call; hope you make it! Great tip for threading the buttons. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh... love this tip! Thank you! Good luck with the DT call. I love both of your cards! So creatively different and good!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Georgiana I hope you make the dt if I had my way you would I love you color pallette for this card. and thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such nice comments I am only sorry it took me so long to become one of your followers but I am now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE both of these cards! They are both fantastic! Good Luck with the DT call! I hope you make the team and thank you so much for that awesome tip! I am going to be trying that for sure!
    Thanks!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!