Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Let's Sparkle

Hello Everyone and Happy Tuesday,

Did a little shopping this morning while the hubby and daughter went to see Star Wars in 3D at the IMAX theater. Yes, I am one of the few who has no desire to see the movie, but hubby did say it was good. We went to lunch at the Olive Garden afterwards (so scrumptious since I haven't eaten bread in 3 weeks...I cheated today and had a couple breadsticks with my soup and salad) and then I came home to make these two cards. I wish the lighting was better, but it sure is gloomy outside.

I used the Meant to Sparkle stamp set by My Favorite Things as the focal point on both square cards (5 1/2 x 5 1/2).

First, I created the background using a MFT diagonal bars stencil.

Then I used silver embossing powder for the sentiment and added a few scattered sequins.

For the second card I used the same stamp set on a MFT zigzag stitched oval, but with gold embossing powder.

I just bought this package of foil bows at Hobby Lobby (50% off) when I went shopping today. Great colors and fun patterns.
Challenges:

Hoping to make another project tonight...maybe my bestie, crafty friend will be available. Where are you Carri?!?!? Let's get crafty!

Stay Creative,
Georgiana 

7 comments:

  1. These are both so elegant and gorgeous!! I love the sparkle and the details you added!! I'm right there with you as having no desire to see Star Wars. I didn't enjoy the first one, two, three thousand or however many episodes created ;) I do think Yoda is adorable, though :) Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sparkles. All of the gold is so shiny and fabulous. My husband wanted to go to a movie for his birthday, I am glad he chose "Creed". He can see Star Wars with our son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautifully elegant cards Georgiana.

    Wishing you a happy and crafty 2016 and many thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE both cards! Especially the black & Gold!!!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!