Pages

Friday, January 4, 2019

Thanks Dragon

Happy Friday Everyone,

Only been back at school for school for two days and what a week. We had our telescope dedication yesterday and now we are getting a stereo microscope donated too. I have absolutely NO idea what it is (yet), BUT I am happy that our STEM Lab is going to be stepping up in the science world. I am also going to work on a wish list for another grant...yay for BIG companies that like to support Title I schools.  I'll be exploring options this weekend!

Today I am sharing a card that my daughter and I worked on collaboratively. I created the background using a sketch from Mojo Monday. Yes, the sketches are back at Poetic Artistry! I selected the stamped sentiment and image from MFT, but my daughter did the stamping, heat embossing (she likes to do that to prevent bleeding), and coloring.

Here is the most recent Mojo Monday sketch.

The stamped sentiment is from MFT ~ Thanks So Very Much. I really do love this set because of the over-sized font. I just checked in the store and it looks like they don't carry it any more. Bummer!
Other Challenges:

Lots planned this weekend...I need to write some science lesson plans for the STEM lab, grade some Math Winter Break packets for 3rd and 5th grade, going to Mr. Phil's observatory on Saturday night (hoping for clear skies), create and review a couple math assessments for fractions, and I can't forget...I need to make some crafty projects! I am thinking alcohol lift ink, treat boxes, "good job" post cards, water color backgrounds, oxide inks. So many ideas but I am not sure if there is enough time for EVERYTHING!

No time like now, so I better get started on the long list.
Stay Creative,
Georgiana

14 comments:

  1. This stamp set is one of my all time favorites from MFT! Your card is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really great!! I love it. Kelsey did a great job on the heat embossing the dragon is adorable. Sounds like a good year planned I hope for the best outcome for you with the grant.
    Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge #239 “Always Thankful”. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com


    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect set of patterned papers on this card it all coordinates so nicely. Darling card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your daughter did such a beautiful job with this, Georgiana!! It's so gorgeous and sweet!! I love it!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your daughter made an adorable card! Love the polka dot paper. You will be a busy lady this weekend. I know my son always says he has a lot of work to do for school also. He is a teacher also.
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a SUPER adorable card!! Love the Cute dragon and all the pretty papers you used!! Great take on the sketch!!
    Happy New Year to you and your family!!
    Hugs Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun sketch to use up some of the pretty papers one has laying around. And your dragon is just adorable. Mommy and daughter terrific team on the go :-)
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Georgiana! What a super cute card! I adore the dragon... it's one of my fav's from MFT! Sounds like you got a plate full already and school just came back in session! LOL We've been busy too over here... School went back last Thursday and it's been non stop busy stuff.... Lots of changes being made... I hope you can dwindle down that long list you've got going on! Have a great day!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightful dragon card and such a cheerful look ! I love the card design and it is a great sketch your card just spells happy !

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun together card! Love the sweet colors and papers. So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello my Bestie, I think I missed you most of all! I am trying, trying so hard to get back to crafting, you would be proud! Your dragon is adorable! Can't wait to catch up! Missed you! Carri ~ https://doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!