Pages

Monday, June 26, 2017

Raised Word Technique ~ Happy Birthday

Happy Monday!
Glad to be sharing tonight after having a rough two days...I was fighting what I thought was a losing battle with the camera. Although I have been taking pictures with our Nikon camera with little difficutly, the camera decided not to be my friend. I was about to toss it in the trash and call it a day. After venting, chatting with a few crafty friends, and searching the internet for photography tips...I decided it would be okay. Then Theresa (thank you again Theresa) sent me a message letting me know I won at MFT and I started doing the happy dance (actually seat dancing since I was on my way home from the grocery store). I don't know what is wrong with my camera/lens, but tomorrow is another day to try and figure it out.

This was one of the cards I made just before my camera issues. I needed to make a masculine card, but I also wanted to try the raised word technique. After choosing the pattern paper, I placed the happy die where I wanted it and ran it through the Cuttlebug. I cut "happy" 4 more times, then stacked and glued it together.

The word "happy" has a camouflaged look. The video I watched said to add the small pieces that were cut out (A and P), but I like the pop of color so it doesn't completely blend in. I cut birthday in the same color as the frame.

The MFT birthday candles were stamped with diagonal lines going in the opposite direction of the background paper.  I turned the hearts upside down, so they would look like a small flame.

Looking forward to a busy week...dentist appointment tomorrow, my daughter's surgery re-check is Wednesday, and lots of crafty projects in the works.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana  

9 comments:

  1. Sorry about your Camera issues.... Those things never like us when we need them most! LOL And I'm so happy you won! Glad I could make ya smile after the problem you were having with that dang camera! :) Your card looks Fantastic.... Love the look! I'm thinking of trying this technique as well... probably after I get back.... if I remember! :) Hope your Daughter's Dr. visit goes smoothly and that she is healing well... Have a wonderful week! Talk to ya when I get back! HUGS! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgiana, this is lovely! The raised word technique looks fabulous and I love it for a masculine card where it is more difficult to add little extras. Beautifully done, my friend! I'm sorry to hear about your camera issues and hope everything plays nice for you soon. :)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice masculine card, love the stamp set you used

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card! I love the raised word technique you used on your card, the dimensional affect looks so beautiful! Very pretty papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the camera :( I loveeeeeeeee your card! LOVING those candles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am having the same issue with my camera and hoping to purchase a new one for the summer.Love the fun word technique. Adorable card!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will figure the camera thing out .. I always have a huge issue with lighting, never my friend. Your card is adorable and congrats on the win!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this! The stripes are so much fun and I love the raised letter look.
    Technology is seldom my friend so I can totally relate to your camera issues! Most days I want to drop kick my computer out the window! Happy that you got it worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Incredible card...love those fun stripes and those candles are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!