Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year at Exploring Cricut

Happy New Year's Eve!
 
I sure hope everyone had a fabulous 2012 and is ready to bring in 2013 with a BANG! I have enjoyed my Winter Break immensely and I am not quite ready to head back to the class on Wednesday (I still have a few lesson plans and a pile of papers to grade), but I do have a special treat already prepared for my students.
 
Here is my Exploring Cricut project to kick-off 2013...
I cut out all the pieces first, so I could create an assembly line process. 
The background pieces are from Elegant Edges and the clocks are from Nifty Fifties. Most of the ribbon was in my ribbon scrap bucket. I was happy to use them tiny pieces up.
My wonderful daughter stuffed the bags for me while watching a movie. I purchased the candy at Walmart for half price ($1.38 for Hershey nuggets) after asking the manager since it was ringing up full price. I told him I found the bags in the clearance section and it did have a bow on the little pieces, which made it look like holiday merchandise. He agreed! Thank you!
One glue dot held the bag and badge together nicely. I received that Glue Dots dispenser for free when I went to the Scrapbooking Expo earlier this year. It was a gift for attending. I can't wait to go back in 2013.
22 treat bags ready to ring in 2013
Materials:
black, red, and silver card stock
Elegant Edges Cricut cartridge ~ Flourish (p. 53) cut at 3 3/4" and 3 1/2"
Nifty Fifties Cricut cartridge ~ clock cut at 1 3/4" and font cut at 3/4"
red ribbon
Hershey nuggets
plastic treat bags ~ found them at local flea market
 
Be sure to stop by Exploring Cricut today to enter the Let's Welcome 2013 challenge.
 
Happy New Year,
Georgiana

24 comments:

  1. The kids will love this! Happy New Year to you and your! TFS :)

    michelle
    http:mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are awesome!! What a fun New Years treat for the kiddos!
    TFS and Happy New Year to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure the kids will love their little treat bags. Happy New Year to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous and what an awesome gift for the kids:-) Happy New Year to you and yours.

    Karon

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a awesome treat bags! Your students will love it!!
    Happy New Year to you and your family.
    Gerda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun treat bags - they match the candies perfectly! :-) Happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your students will love the treats and have a wonderful 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so fun and just right for a New Years's treat! Have a fun time ringing in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Theses are so great! Wonderful idea for your students!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so awesome, Georgiana!! I love the clock and the sparkly paper!! Your students will love this!! I hope you have a safe and joyous New Year's celebration my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You are such a great teacher! Wishing you a wonderful New Year!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic!!
    Wishing you & your family a Happy & Healthy New Year!
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  13. How thoughtful of you to prepare a little something! They are just too cute. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, so many clocks! What nice treat bags, G! Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What awesome treat bags! I bet your students will love them! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, your students will love these! What a fun bag:)
    Happy New Year!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it! Great project and great idea on the assembly line, although I confess I think all those pieces would confuse me in no time. Good job on getting the candy at a discount. Obviously it is holiday candy! That's a deal! I got a rubber stamp for totally cheap once because it was of a landscape with mountains in the background and the mountains had snow on them, that made the holiday-ish!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are fantastic Georgiana!! Love the little badges. And great deal on the candy. Happy New Year!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are awesome Georgiana. Love the retro look great colors. I wish for you and your family the happiest and healthiest of New Years.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute project love it! "Happy New Years"

    ReplyDelete
  21. Female Celebrties Facebook Covers, Most Popular Fb Covers in the Industry
    UniqueFbCovers.Com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!