Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Birthday Hoots at Exploring Cricut

Good Morning Crafty Friends,
 
After making LOTS of Christmas cards this season, I decided I needed to start working on Birthday cards. I have one or two in my stock pile and that is not nearly enough to even get me through January. I am hoping there will be new challenges after the first of the year (since many have been on break for the holidays), so I can begin entering my projects.
 
Speaking of challenges...Exploring Cricut has a new challenge beginning this Monday and Die Cuttin' Diva begins Tuesday. Both are offering great prizes too!
 
 Here is my Exploring Cricut project...
I did use a bow maker to make the triple crinkle ribbon bow.
I used mini glue dots to bunch the ribbon. If interested, please click here to see a pictorial.
Inside message simply reads...
Materials:
Campin' Critters Cricut cartridge ~ card base (p. 40) cut at 4 1/2"
Hoot 'n' Holler Cricut cartridge ~ owl16 cut at 2 3/4"
Birthday Bash Cricut cartridge ~ present (p. 22) cut at 3"
kraft paper
K&Company papers
3GJ crinkle ribbon
button
cream craft thread

Hope you will join us at Exploring Cricut for our new challenge that begins Monday.
 
Stay Creative,
Georgiana

24 comments:

  1. Love your card,super cute,have a Blessed New Year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww your card is just Adorable ...love that owl :)...Wishing you a very Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful! great ribbon and love the bow!!
    TFS and have a GREAT weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome!! The owl is adorable and I just love the crinkle ribbon bow!! So pretty!! Happy Saturday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need some birthday cards too, like now! lol I love this cute card, the shape is perfect, love the color combo and the ribbon is awesome! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shaped card is terrific, love the ribbon, the bow turned out perfect! Hoping to get to craft a bit this weekend, thanks for the birthday inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aws, Georgiana, I adore your pieced together owl. Love owls :) Thanks for all the love you show on my blog. I really appreciate it. Hope you have a very happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card! The owl is adorable and the crinkle ribbon bow looks great! I love the inside of the card too! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the shape of this card. The whole thing is great but the shape gives it something just right.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Love the owl and the ribbon looks great:) Thanks for the picture tutorial!
    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful shaped card!Oh!I am so late on making Bday cards..I have to make 4!Love the ribbon!adorable owl!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a total sucker for owl cards-love them! The ribbon looks beautiful-wish I could make mine look that pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, its a good time to stock up on birthday cards. We'll all need them. Great card! Love how this owl is looking.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sooo stinkin' cute, Georgiana!!! Love that owl and the 3gj ribbon and bow!

    Happy New Year,
    HL

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the card. The ribbon is a great embellishment :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, how cute is your owl!I love the shape of your card and super cute way you did the ribbon!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute! That's what I need to do, catch up on Birthday cards! Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower! I'm your newest follower!
    Miranda :)
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! I love the shape of this card. I also love that ribbon..very pretty.

    Hugs, Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute card; I've got to start making shape card. I know I have many carts that have them. Thanks for your comments on my new blog look, I've tweaked it a little more! But yes, I think I like the fresh new look! Thanks, G.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are so creative Georgiana.. Thanks for stopping by the other day. I appreciate it. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a cute owl! I love the crinkly ribbon look. The triple bow is amazing. My bow maker never taught me neat tricks like that. We will be having words, my bow maker and me!

    Also, I'm with you, no more holiday cards now. I know some people are already starting in on them for next year. No way! Give me some birthday or generic ones for now. I can't even do winter ones.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute little owl!! Love what you did with the ribbon :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!