Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year, Mrs. Carson's Class

Happy New Year's Eve!

Hope everyone is enjoying their day. Between the year coming to an end and Winter Break being almost over...I am thinking where has the time gone! I decided to make a surprise for my students when they return to school on Tuesday. It will be a great way to ring in the second semester...18 more weeks of school then they will be middle schoolers.

I kept the treat bags simple because my students will have these opened and devoured in less than 2 minutes. Some of my girls will save the package, but many of the boys will have the topper in the trash by the end of the day. Of course, I will have to give them the spiel about how long it took to create and how much it would mean if they took it home to show their parents. I will be sure to add a picture to our class webpage too just in case.

I used the blissful bell from Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons and knew I wanted it to be gold and silver when I was planning. Then I found this ribbon at Walmart for 50 cents a roll.  I also bought the Hershey Kisses the day after Christmas for 50% off and only used the silver wrappers. Perfect...I could tie all the colors together now!

The sentiment is computer generated (I need to get some New Year stamps. I think I saw Jaded Blossom might actually have a set.), and the scallop circle was cut on my Cameo. The topper is a black square folded in half with a rectangle piece of DCWV pattern paper. I rounded the corners with a Hobby Lobby punch.

I hope my class enjoys the start of 2016!
Challenges:

Be safe and have fun if you go to any New Year celebrations.
Thanks for stopping by! 
Stay Creative,
Georgiana

10 comments:

  1. How super cute are those, you did an amazing job, thanks for joining PPPR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are super cute! The toppers couldn't be cuter! The blissful bell is adorable! I am sure the class will love them :)
    Happy New Year!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are ADORABLE! I hope the kids save them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! I loved making things like this when I taught preschool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Cute! Thank you for joining us for this weeks challenge at Little Red Wagon! Donna (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute. I love that smiling bell and I am sure your students did too. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge Blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the pretty ribbon!! They're sooo CUTE! Your students are so lucky to have you as a Teacher! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh!! How adorable are these??? So cute!! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet idea to welcome your students with! They will appreciate the thought and the candy. =P Love that ribbon...I think I need to have a look for it!

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes Blogiversary challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!