What a busy two to three weeks it has been! Redecorating a classroom after 5 years sure is hard work...and time consuming! (That is why I haven't posted other projects.)
My daughter and I went to school a couple times during the past two to three weeks even though the air conditioner was not on and I have been working at home trying to get more projects completed. She painted two file cabinets black and two bookshelves white. I replaced fabric on bulletin boards and doors, reorganized my desk, removed old posters, added bulletin board to my two whiteboards, created skills and literacy center signs, and sorted thru some class sets of chapter books that have never been read ( I couldn't pass up $1 books from Scholastic Book Club!). I STILL have more to do this week before Meet Your Teacher on Friday!
Here are a few other projects that I have worked on since the AR Incentive pins...
Pencil Cup Holders
Here are my supplies to prepare the pencil holders. I found these 31 oz plastic tumblers at Walmart...4 in a package for a $1.
Each cup is wrapped in green polka dot decorative tape to match my AR incentive pins along with a matching yellow bow. I used Scotch quick dry glue to adhere the bows.
My new toy!
I purchased this home thermal Scotch laminator at Walmart for $24.97 and it included bonus pouches. I was a bit worried that my tags might get ruined since I hadn't used this model before, but it worked like a charm! I am ready to laminate some more projects!
|Sorry for the picture quality...I was still trying to figure out how to use my new phone.|
The yellow baskets are from Dollar Tree. I cut the numbers with my Cricut, and the labels are from the BW set. One label was too big for the front of the basket, so I cut them in half and tied them on with yellow ribbon.
I cut out the black (shadow feature) and yellow arrows with my Cricut. I created the times using Word. If you would like the document sent to you, just leave me a message.
Skills of the Week Frames
Last year I had the Essential Question written on sentence strips taped to the front board. Now I have each skill in a frame, so I can change either the Unit Question or Lesson Question. I definitely like how this looks much better. Note...That is one of the bookshelves that my daughter painted. I replaced all the baskets this year too.
My friend gave me these blank white bookmarks. I knew I could use them! I just had to figure out how to make them coordinate with the rest of the décor.
After brainstorming, I decided to use the same colors in the class for the ribbon and then I printed READ from Kate's ABCs Cricut cartridge (p. 59 cut at 2 3/4").
Next...DOTS! I cut out various sized dots and glued them randomly. Yes, I glued each individual dot, BUT it was actually fun to make all the different patterns. I made 23 bookmarks.
This is only my second time sharing at Monday Made It at 4th Grade Frolics , but I hope to be able to post again since I enjoy making projects for my class. Also, I will be hosting the Scrapbooking Club after school for the fourth year and the students love to share what they make!
Hoping you have a great school year!