Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Classroom Makeover Projects with Monday Made It

What a busy two to three weeks it has been! Redecorating a classroom after 5 years sure is hard work...and time consuming! (That is why I haven't posted other projects.)
 
My daughter and I went to school a couple times during the past two to three weeks even though the air conditioner was not on and I have been working at home trying to get more projects completed. She painted two file cabinets black and two bookshelves white. I replaced fabric on bulletin boards and doors, reorganized my desk, removed old posters, added bulletin board to my two whiteboards, created skills and literacy center signs, and sorted thru some class sets of chapter books that have never been read ( I couldn't pass up $1 books from Scholastic Book Club!). I STILL have more to do this week before Meet Your Teacher on Friday!
 
Here are a few other projects that I have worked on since the AR Incentive pins...  
 
Project #1
Pencil Cup Holders
Here are my supplies to prepare the pencil holders. I found these 31 oz plastic tumblers at Walmart...4 in a package for a $1. 
 Each cup is wrapped in green polka dot decorative tape to match my AR incentive pins along with a matching yellow bow. I used Scotch quick dry glue to adhere the bows.
 My new toy!
I purchased this home thermal Scotch laminator at Walmart for $24.97 and it included bonus pouches. I was a bit worried that my tags might get ruined since I hadn't used this model before, but it worked like a charm! I am ready to laminate some more projects!


Project #2
Group Baskets
Sorry for the picture quality...I was still trying to figure out how to use my new phone.
The yellow baskets are from Dollar Tree. I cut the numbers with my Cricut, and the labels are from the BW set. One label was too big for the front of the basket, so I cut them in half and tied them on with yellow ribbon.
 
Project #3
Labeled Clock
I cut out the black (shadow feature) and yellow arrows with my Cricut. I created the times using Word.  If you would like the document sent to you, just leave me a message.
 
Project #4
 Skills of the Week Frames
Last year I had the Essential Question written on sentence strips taped to the front board. Now I have each skill in a frame, so I can change either the Unit Question or Lesson Question. I definitely like how this looks much better. Note...That is one of the bookshelves that my daughter painted. I replaced all the baskets this year too.

Project #5
Bookmarks
My friend gave me these blank white bookmarks. I knew I could use them! I just had to figure out how to make them coordinate with the rest of the décor.
After brainstorming, I decided to use the same colors in the class for the ribbon and then I printed READ from Kate's ABCs Cricut cartridge (p. 59 cut at 2 3/4").
Next...DOTS! I cut out various sized dots and glued them randomly. Yes, I glued each individual dot, BUT it was actually fun to make all the different patterns. I made 23 bookmarks.

This is only my second time sharing at Monday Made It at 4th Grade Frolics , but I hope to be able to post again since I enjoy making projects for my class. Also, I will be hosting the Scrapbooking Club after school for the fourth year and the students love to share what they make!
 
Hoping you have a great school year!
Georgiana

23 comments:

  1. You are so creative .. Loved the dool project and the bookmarks..
    Happy Monday
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    http://instagram.com/beingbeautifulpooja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doing a great job, the children will feel so welcomed walking into your classroom!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have been very busy this week! Your projects turned out so well! I really love your pencil cup holders. I think I might make some bookmarks for my students. I know they will come in handy.

    Foreman Teaches

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are outstanding! So creative and pretty to look at too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, all of your projects are absolutely fabulous!! You will have the best decorated classroom!! Great job with everything!! Happy Monday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just wonderful. Your students are going to love the new room!! Great job.


    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's way too hot in Florida to be working in the rooms with out air conditioning. I tried that yesterday and I didn't last too long. I love your bookmarks! I can't believe you glued on every single dot. They are cute though!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the boarder around your door where your skills of the week are located. Where did you find it? Mrs. Brown Loves Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll go and check it out at my local store. Might even have to drive into the "big" city for that boarder! To cute.

      Delete
  9. I love your cups! I just bought that same laminator a week ago. It has become my new best friend!! I also have some of the B&W collection in my room! We're so alike!

    Lindsey
    Journey of a Beginning Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the bookmarks! I think I should look in to the laminator. Are the pouches thick lamination or thin?

    Terri Izatt
    KinderKapers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the projects ! I bet your classroom is going to look beautiful !

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. You room will be amazing! All the kids will want to hang out in your room! All the projects are AMAZING!! You really did out do yourself!
    I am sure it will look so nice:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can I come hang out in your room? It looks awesome! Especially love the bookmarks :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all your projects! Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your room is really taking shape. Love your new design. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful goodies. I love the clock idea and the bookmarks and well everything.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to add...
      I'd love the clock time document.
      dmcardmaker AT(aol)

      Delete
  16. Your room looks wonderful the kids are going to love it!! Have a great weekend my friend
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Georgiana, I've loved watching you get your room ready for your children, I would just love for my grandchildren to be so lucky to have a teacher like you. Ii can really see how much you love what you do. Would you be so kind as to send me Project #3, the school times for the clock, I would really apprexiate that. Thank you so much and enjoy this upcoming school year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!