Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Summer Yummo! at Whimsical Designs

Hello Crafty Friends,
Welcome back for another Whimsical Wednesday.
 
Today we have a new challenge and you need to start thinking about flip flops, the beach, popsicles, swimming, and for me...vacation!
 
This week's challenge...
Summer Time Fun
 
Here is my Design Team project...
Do you watch the TV show Psych? This card is for my daughter who loves pineapples due to Shawn and Gus. Her and my hubby yell pineapple every time they see one in honor of the show. Me...I would just enjoy the yummy and refreshing drink on a hot summer day!
 What do you think of my straw? I cut off the paper one and added a real bendable straw.

Double orange bow with Whimsical Designs stamp.
Materials:
Live Out Loud paper
yellow, orange, blue, and red card stock
Life is a Beach Cricut cartridge ~ pineapple drink cut at 4 1/4"
orange ribbon
orange button
white embroidery floss
skittles by Carri
 bendy straw
Whimsical Designs stamp
brown ink
 
 This Week's Sponsor...
3 digis
 
Have you heard about the Book of the Month project? If you love to read and craft you will be quite interested. Be sure to stop by Whimsical Designs and check it out!
 
Hope you will join us this week at Whimsical Designs for the "Summer Time Fun" challenge. I am looking forward to seeing those summer projects.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana

23 comments:

  1. LOL...and there goes my ADD..I had to hop over and check out that show because I never heard of it before. Looks very interesting. What a great story behind your summer time card. Who does not love a pineapple drink in the summer!! Great job with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun summer card! I love that you added a real straw - the drink looks delicious! :)

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me think of lying by the ocean, a breeze blowing off the water, refreshing drink in hand...ah, I wish I were there now :) What a fun card!! The real straw is an awesome touch!! Happy Wednesday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great summer card! Love the staw!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy, I wanted a drink as soon as I saw your card.

    Smiles Sher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this and the real bendy straw is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummo is right! Pretty colors and layout! Sure hope you saved one for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH i had a quick peek at a few of your latest projects..i just love this colour combo and the straw is a perfect fit...Your tumblers are fantastic too..love the colours and designs you used..tfs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definite yummo! Super yummo! Love the colors and the bow and everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Bring me that drink! Makes me feel like summer!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable and fun card!! Great idea with the straw

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card<love your straw,Everything is SOOOOOOOOOOO VERY CUTE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fantastic! Love the whole design, but especially that straw!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super Cute! Mmmm I could go for a yummy pineapple drink :)

    ~Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very yummo! Great idea to use the real straw!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the cool, tropical drink!!! Makin' me thirsty :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!