Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Butterflies Leave a Trail of Flowers

Welcome to a tremendously wonderful Tuesday. It is beautiful outside and the forecast for today is a sunny 80 degrees. Who could ask for more?!?!

Last night I created two more cards that match my mood...Springy.
I just LOVE butterflies. I have many native plants in my backyard that attract various types of butterflies. I find the entire process from finding the right type of plants to counting the number of eggs to watching the new butterflies flutter by to be absolutely amazing.
Challenges for the first card:
Challenges for the second card:
This card could be turned since the sentiment has not been added yet.
Materials:
 Provo Craft's Cricut paper ~ Doodlecharms
 hot pink: cardstock, ribbon, buttons, and gems
neon green: cardstock, buttons, and brad
Recollections glitter butterflies and flowers 
florals
Martha Stewart edge punch


 In between crafting I will be working in the yard to freshen up the plants, so the butterflies will continue to visit. I am looking forward to the return of the Monarchs, Viceroys, Swallowtails, and Sulfurs.  

Here is a picture of Florida's State Butterfly ~ Zebra Longwing










I will be posting the winner  for Jen's Birthday Hop a little later today. I will also send an e-mail directly to the winner. 

Stay Creative,
Georgiana : )

17 comments:

  1. These are so pretty, Georgiana. Very springy. Thanks for all the comments you leave on my blog; I appreciate them. Are you on Spring break? Enjoy your time if you are!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so sweet. Very cute colors. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty Georgiana!! And I've gotta agree, I'm diggin this weather :) just wish JR wasn't sick :(
    But we do have the butterflies visiting us too! She-Ra tries to catch them, lol. And we've got TONS of birds too! From these huge falcon or volture things to a family of red robins that come and have their breakfast every morning on our front porch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are beautiful! Love that patterned paper! Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty, I love butterflies.
    Thanks for joining us at SSDS
    Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, cute card, . Thanks for joining the cropstop challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, these are sooooo CUTE! Definitely reminds me of spring. Thank you for joining in our challenge at CropStop. Hugs, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I love the card, especially because it can go both ways. I love the colors and everything! I love the pictures too! BTW - I'm super jealous of the 80 degree weather!!! :) TFS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all beautiful and delicate

    kitten DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful spring creations! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at DYSU this week! Janna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card thanks for joning us at Alphabet Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful! I can;t even pick a favourite because I love them all!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty spring card!!!Thanks so much for playing along with us at Wee Memories!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How did I miss this post?? I love these butterfly cards! They are all so beautiful!

    TFS, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow girl! I'm impressed! I love the matching envelope and card--that is way tooo cute! I might have to borrow that coordinating envelope idea! I love it!
    I am now following your sweet blog!
    Thank you soooo much for playing along in my Simply Sunday Challenge!

    Big Cricky Hugs,
    K Andrew

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!