It is hard to believe that Thanksgiving is less than a week away and Christmas is right around the corner. I sure do love the holiday decorations and the smell of the cinammon pinecones when you go into the craft stores.
Well, my husband doesn't usually ask of too much except he always tells me to never spend money when I go out (sometimes it is hard to tell if he is serious or not). : ) Perhaps that is why I am a frugal crafter looking for sales, using my coupons, and searching for those great deals. I don't feel bad when I I do buy ALL my goodies. I think he has come to realize how much I love making my cards.
He did ask me to make his mother a card for Thanksgiving since we go there every year for dinner. My response...Of course, I can do that! : ) Plus, I knew there were a few challenges too that I could enter.
- I used a vanilla cardstock for the base and mounted with a kraft colored cardstock.
- I used Animal Kingdom to cut the turkey at 3". His tail feathers were chalked with dark brown.
- The papers are from Me&My Big ideas ~ Copper Willow pad. I found the mat pad at Joanns in the clearance section and thought the colors were perfect for fall.
- The ribbon is from the Autumn Inspirations collection which I also purchased at Joanns while on sale for 50% off.
- The buttons came from a big bag by the Paper Studio that I bought for 50% off at Hobby Lobby and the embroidery floss was buy 3 get one free at Joanns.
- Paper Romance #25 ~ Some of your favorite things (layers, ribbon, buttons)
I think my husband would be proud of me...I only buy my goodies when I can get a good deal. Of course, there are ALWAYS good deals in town...especially since we have the 3 big stores all on the same corner. I am so looking forward to Black Friday weekend!
I sure hope everyone has a memorable Thanksgiving holiday. Enjoy your time with friends and family.